Virginia Land Title Association
The mission of Virginia Land Title Association (VLTA) is to advance the efficient and secure transfer of ownership of real property by proactively serving its members, the consumer, and affiliated associations. To achieve this objective, VLTA provides quality education programs. As a leading sponsor of professional development courses, VLTA provides busy title professionals with the tools to pursue and obtain the necessary credits to maintain their licenses. VLTA combines technological innovation with quality content and exceptional customer service in an effort to offer title professionals the best online learning experience.
VLTA Online Offerings
VA Certified Title Examiner (VCTE) 16 Hour Online Course is now available.
Click Here to enroll. If you are member, email VLTA for a coupon code before you enroll.
Course Instructor: Julie Ann Rutledge, Land Title Research, Inc.
The 16-hour Online Course is delivered in 8-2 hour sessions. Participants have up to ninety days (90-days) to complete all sessions to be eligible to take the certification exam. Those who do not complete the sessions within 90-days will need to re-purchase the course to begin the process again. No extensions will be offered.
Course Fees: Member $375 Non-Member $525
VLTA Members are entitled to a discount for all courses. Please click here to email VLTA and receive your discount code before you register for a course.
Continuing Education Course Catalog
Take time to view our Catalog, there are over 20 approved courses to choose from for Title Insurance, Title Settlement and/or Title Examiner continuing education credits.
Once you decide which course(s) you want to take, you will need to do the following:
- Create an account before you can purchase and view the course.
- After you have purchased the course, you will have ninety (90) days to complete the course. If you have not completed it within the ninety (90) days, it will expire and you will have to pay to take it again.
- Prior to beginning the course, be prepared and print the Student/Proctor Certification. It will need to be completed and returned to VLTA upon course completion.
- Throughout the course you will be required to answer review questions and at the end of the course, you will be required to take a full exam; you will need to pass the exam with a 70% or better. Don’t forget to complete the Student Proctor Certification.
- The completed Student/Proctor Certification should be returned to VLTA (email@example.com) within seven (7) days of course/exam completion.
- Once VLTA receives your course completion information and the Student/Proctor Certification, VLTA will report your continuing education credits to Pearson VUE or VLTA for TSA and TE credits.
CURRENT RATES: Member Rate: $39.00/course* Non-Member Rate: $59.00/course
RATES AS OF 01/01/2014: Member Rate: $49.00/course* Non-Member Rate: $69.00/course
VLTA Members are entitled to a discount for all courses. Please click here to email VLTA and receive your discount code before you register for a course. If you have any questions you may contact VLTA at 800.929.8730.
Virginia Land Title Association (VLTA) maintains this site in a commercially reasonable manner and transmits records of successfully completed courses to Pearson Vue, Virginia. Credits will be reported within ten (10) business days upon notice of completion. However, computer and/or data system errors or failures may occur. VLTA assumes no liability for these errors or failures and does not guarantee the successful transmission of your course credits to the Pearson Vue, Virginia. Students are encouraged to check with Pearson Vue to ensure that their credits were properly reported. If a student discovers a course has not been credited, they should contact VLTA immediately at 800.929.8730. While VLTA cannot guarantee the lost information can be retrieved, it will permit the student to re-take the course at no fee. VLTA assumes no liability in the event a student’s license renewal is delayed or denied due to the failure of the VLTA to receive notice of a successfully completed course on this site.